MBMedia is again working with Fashion First Seattle this year and is looking for 1 Social Media and Marketing Intern to assist with the event for the summer.
FASHION FIRST SEATTLE — 14th YEAR FUTURISTIC FEMALE
ABOUT FASHION FIRST
The 14th year of the FASHION FIRST runway show brings Seattle together for the most exciting night of high- end fashion in the Northwest. Seattle-area fashion retailers, designers, educators, students, style influencers, fashionistas and philanthropists attend each year to preview the fall trends for the upcoming season in an edited presentation that promotes commerce in the Seattle Area.
Due to the event changing business landscape, while keeping our clients and sponsors in mind, we have made the bold choice to take the attendance of FASHION FIRST from 700 to 350 in attendance. We are about two things 1. Fashion 2. Fundraising with the outcome of commerce .
As Seattle’s longest-running independent fashion show, FASHION FIRST was founded to provide an affordable, but powerful marketing platform with cutting-edge social media for the Seattle-area fashion retailers and designers. The FASHION FIRST core mission: Present an on-trend fashion show to promote and support Seattle retailers and designers while raising money and providing Seattle students with scholarship money for higher education and help children with disabilities thrive in the outdoors.
With a wealth of talented local retailers and designers in Seattle, the Emerald City is on the rise as an influential style scene. FASHION FIRST is the intersection where designers, small business owners, and the fashion-forward consumers meet, creating a network of fashion enthusiasts unlike any other in this thriving city. Come, be a part of the excitement as designers and retailers strut their looks down the runway and raise money for kids who need an opportunity.
FASHION FIRST BENEFICIARIES
The Crescent Moon Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, established by Pro Football Hall of Fame Quarterback Warren Moon, dedicated to supporting the educational pursuits of underprivileged children. The Rising Moon Scholarship Program awards scholarships to students that demonstrate a commitment to their community, excel in leadership and who are in need.
Outdoors for All Foundation transforms lives through outdoor recreation and is a national leader in delivering adaptive and therapeutic recreation for children and adults with disabilities. More than 2,400 individuals exercise their abilities annually thanks to the training and support of more than 700 volunteers. Outdoors for All’s programs include snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country and downhill skiing, cycling, hiking, yoga, kayaking, day camps, rock-
climbing, camping and custom events. Proceeds from Fashion First will support the 7 week day camp programming at Magnuson, Marymoor and Lake Sammamish State Parks.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING
We are looking for a self-starting enthusiastic intern who is interested in growing his or her skills in marketing and social media. Interest in fashion, non-profits and events is ideal. Must be able to jump into projects and be resourceful to find solutions to problems. The internship is designed to grow your skills and knowledge, but interns are expected to consider ways to answer questions and find information on their own as well. Much of the work will be done remotely, however there will be weekly meetings to go over status updates as well as email and phone conversations throughout the week.
As a social media and marketing intern, you will report to the Marketing Producer as well as work cross teams on a variety of social media and marketing projects. Hours are 10-20/week. This internship is unpaid, but we can offer school credit.
- Helping execute social media marketing campaigns from the initial planning stages through to final reporting
- Managing social media posting schedules and creating content for clients
- Developing social media campaigns and helping to maintain growth
- Compiling marketing statistics, analyze, and creating monthly client reports
- Staying current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to PR and social media
- Becoming knowledgeable of social media paid advertising
- Researching influencers and creating influencers lists for client accounts
- Participating in organization meetings when appropriate
- Creating sponsor/runway participant media monitoring reports
- Compiling influencer send outs
- Marketing activities including distribution of flyers, working with sponsors and runway participants to ensure all marketing needs are met
- Day of event social media engagement
- Day of event set up and tear down
- Must be available all day on September 14, 2017 for Fashion First Seattle event
- Currently a Sophomore, Junior or Senior at an accredited university, or recently graduated
- Understands general marketing concepts and principles
- Has knowledge of social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat and LinkedIn
- Expresses interest in marketing and digital tracking
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to provide creative input and suggest different ways to communicate marketing messages
- Effectively manages the timely delivery of work against short deadlines
- Has great cross-team communication skills
- Able to create written and visual content that clearly communicates a message
- Photoshop or graphic design skills a plus
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26, 2017.